Scenes from the morning’s walk: Details

Posted on 8 Feb ’13 by Earl

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography ©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography ©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

iPhone4 Photos

1. Mark 8 Feb ’13 at 2:22 pm

Certainly no shortage of details in nature. I wonder if anyone has ever calculated the amount of mega/Terabytes of info we process on an average walk?
    Mark recently posted… Morphing Landscape

• Earl 9 Feb ’13 at 12:14 pm

Mark, interesting thoughts. I wonder how much we actually store and how much is simply viewed and discarded.

2. Chris Klug 8 Feb ’13 at 3:55 pm

My goodness, these have a lovely feel to them. Which iPhone do you have? Did you post-process these?
    Chris Klug recently posted… Street Scene

• Earl 9 Feb ’13 at 12:15 pm

Hi Chis, this was taken with a two generation old iPhone 4 (5mp) and I did do some post-processing of these. Thanks!

3. Monte Stevens 8 Feb ’13 at 10:29 pm

Art in nature is everywhere, even on our walks. Have a good weekend, Earl!
    Monte Stevens recently posted… Dreamer

• Earl 9 Feb ’13 at 12:16 pm

…and if nature was there then I probably wouldn’t be either! ;-)

4. Paul Maxim 9 Feb ’13 at 8:12 am

Personally, I think that this type of photography is where smartphones are at their best. I don’t think they perform all that well when trying to capture the “grand landscape”. Or people, even. But they do very well, I think, in these semi-abstractions.

These are all very good, Earl. If it were me, I think I’d try the first one in black and white, though. I really like the image, but for me the green distracts a bit.

No pictures like this for me this weekend. Too much of the damned white stuff out there………

• Earl 9 Feb ’13 at 12:19 pm

Paul, I agree this type of photo seems to be a sweet spot for most phone cameras. Interesting observation about the first photo…I actually desaturated the green in this one because I felt it was overpowering. The original green was extreme.

I hope for a little of the white stuff this winter…but not as much as you guys get.

5. Martina Egli 16 Feb ’13 at 12:03 pm

I particularly love the first image – I feel like I can reach out and touch the soft moss. The different shades of green and blue are fabulous too… wonderful work.
    Martina Egli recently posted… Love is in the Air

• Earl 22 Feb ’13 at 8:41 am

Martina, thanks.

6. Jim | SpinView 22 Feb ’13 at 12:25 am

Great textures, Earl. I’m particularly drawn to the second leaf photo, and the lighting.
    Jim | SpinView recently posted… When the Horse Became Curious

• Earl 22 Feb ’13 at 8:41 am

Hi Jim, thanks!

7. Navin Harish 2 Mar ’13 at 6:19 am

Very nice shots
    Navin Harish recently posted… Is that your best smile?