Weekend Photo

Posted on 30 May ’10 by Earl

Simply Flowers - Let there voices be heard
Simply Flowers - Let their voice be heard

“Fashion, flowers, nudes and portraits – they’re all the same: light, form, color. And mystery. And mystery is very important. When I started photographing flowers, I thought, “My God, where have I been?” I’m totally addicted to this project. I’d never seen the mysteries of a flower. We walk by wonders every day and don’t see them. We only stop at what shouts the loudest.” – Barbara Bordnick – Vision – Lowepro 2004/2005, page 68

A co-project with my wife — she grows beautiful flowers I can’t resist taking photos of, these from our front porch.

1. Monte Stevens 30 May ’10 at 9:25 am

I totally agree with the quote! I have a whole new appreciation for flowers since moving east of the Mississippi River and seeing plants new to me. Lovely, soft image, Earl! Have a super weekend!

• Earl 30 May ’10 at 7:21 pm

Monte, thanks, any time one visits outside the “normal” territory there always seems to be abundant subjects waiting to be photographed. However, we soon become unheeding of things we see so often don’t we?

• Monte Stevens 30 May ’10 at 7:24 pm

You are so very right! That is probably the best gift photography has given me, to look closer.

2. don 30 May ’10 at 10:16 am

Flowers are marvelous subjects! This is a beautiful image today. Fine detail and texture.

• Earl 30 May ’10 at 7:22 pm

Much appreciated, don!

3. foto-rolero54 30 May ’10 at 12:29 pm

Good evening Earl,
    An excellent macro composition, pleasant and successful photograph, cheer!

• Earl 30 May ’10 at 7:23 pm

foto-rolero54, and a good day to you. Thank-you so much!