Scenes from the morning’s walk: Landscapes

Posted on 14 Feb ’13 by Earl

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

A crisp North Carolina morning with light fog, light frost, interesting clouds, varied landscapes and low angled sunlight contributed to more photographic stops on our daily walk then usually.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

Maggie shows an admirable amount of patience when I stop to fiddle with my iPhone making a photo, so I in turn give her all the time she wants when a wonderful scent is discovered along the trail.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

The park we use for our walks has a leash rule about dogs but it’s such a large park and we’re there so early in the morning we seldom see another soul. Most of Maggie’s walks are with her running free.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

And so this is how our morning walks go…with walking and stopping for both my and Maggie’s interests.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

iPhone4 Photos

1. Don Cooper 14 Feb ’13 at 12:23 pm

I am not good at doing mornings after so many years of going on duty at 6:45am, but I see what I am missing.
    Don Cooper recently posted..Antique Grader

• Earl 14 Feb ’13 at 3:46 pm

Don, some mornings it’s a real chore getting started but I’m always glad afterwards. A little exercise and quiet time outdoors…always good. Thanks

2. Monte Stevens 14 Feb ’13 at 6:58 pm

Mornings are the best time of day except for high noon, evenings, and nights. Or if its -9 degrees. I smile because you have such a neat relationship with Maggie on these walks. Seems there is an unspoken dialogue that goes on between you two. Enjoy them! And, thanks for sharing them with us.
    Monte Stevens recently posted..The Girls

• Earl 17 Feb ’13 at 2:23 pm

Well for me, Monte, morning are especially great…even if I don’t get a single photo. Thanks! :-)

3. ken bello 14 Feb ’13 at 7:23 pm

I really envy your walks with Maggie. Emo is content to just look out the window and has no desire to get out. Look at all the photo ops he never gets to see.
    ken bello recently posted..Irondequoit Bay (& angry birds)

• Earl 17 Feb ’13 at 2:24 pm

Yeah, I’ve had a number of cats…but they’re not into this walking thing are they! Thanks, Ken! :-)

4. Mark 15 Feb ’13 at 8:02 am

I don’t think dogs have much to complain about when they stop to smell every single footprint amongst other things. :-). Just imagine if they had an app to track all of those smells. Thanks for taking us along with you and Maggie.
    Mark recently posted..Morphing Landscape

• Earl 17 Feb ’13 at 2:28 pm

I often wonder how much dogs can tell from a scent, Mark. Perhaps it’s just a matter of this smells good and that smells bad. LOL :-)

5. LensScaper 17 Feb ’13 at 11:59 am

Beautiful peaceful scenery – best enjoyed wthout the crowds
    LensScaper recently posted..On Piste Action Photography

• Earl 17 Feb ’13 at 2:29 pm

Our best morning walks are those where we don’t see another soul. Thanks!