Along the streets

Posted on 11 Dec ’12 by Earl

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

You can get a lot of different “flavors” in a small town even during a holiday where there is a central Christmas theme about.  You might even find a few holiday critters.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

It’s a little scary to me what “alternative clothing and accessories” might entail considering what you see being worn as standard fair here at times.  I wasn’t brave enough to enter. :-)

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

There’s also the option of dropping back into days long past by visiting the old general store.  A lot of interesting things to view there.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

It’s been warm enough to sit on a bench along the sidewalk and enjoy a drink produced locally, it it suits your taste.

©Meandering Passage - Earl Moore Photography

These days you still have to chain Santa’s Mailbox to keep someone from walking off with it. What they would want it for I have no idea.

Just a few small town “wacky” street scenes.

1. Steve Skinner 11 Dec ’12 at 6:52 pm

I also would be curious as to what “alternative clothing” is really all about.
    Steve Skinner recently posted..Thoughts On The Tide

• Earl 13 Dec ’12 at 1:58 pm

Steve, Ken’s comment below is probably right about the age restrictions.

2. ken bello 11 Dec ’12 at 8:26 pm

“ALTERNATIVE CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES” is code for “ANYONE OVER 18 NOT ALLOWED INSIDE”.
    ken bello recently posted..TREES (again!)

• Earl 13 Dec ’12 at 1:59 pm

Ken, you’re probably “spot-on” about the code! :-)

3. Tom Dills 12 Dec ’12 at 3:06 pm

Sometimes it is good to be a tourist in your own town. It’s amazing what you can find there.

I’m very glad that the sign didn’t read “Alternative TO clothing.” :) Doesn’t look like a place where you’ll be getting your post-retirement wardrobe.
    Tom Dills recently posted..Another Example

• Earl 13 Dec ’12 at 2:00 pm

Tom, I didn’t see a thing through that window that looked like my style — except perhaps for Halloween. :-)

4. Monte Stevens 12 Dec ’12 at 9:13 pm

Give us a camera and few gray hairs and we will see the world differently. It is sad that we still have the vandals to keep an eye out for. Thanks for the trip through town.
    Monte Stevens recently posted..Madie

• Earl 13 Dec ’12 at 2:01 pm

Monte, Yes, you’d have to pretty low to steal Santa’s mailbox. :-)

5. Cedric Canard 14 Dec ’12 at 2:32 am

Nice little town Earl. Your photos make a nice series, something I want to try and do more of myself.
    Cedric Canard recently posted..Lost and found

6. Martina Egli 20 Dec ’12 at 9:15 am

That’s a beautiful series, I like how you’ve captured the Christmas spirit in the streets of your town. I particularly love the carefully arranged display window in your fourth image. The wonderful reflections, the overall warm tones and the red bench work very well together.
    Martina Egli recently posted..London #9