Cascades

Posted on 19 Sep ’12 by Earl Moore

A couple more photos of the water cascades from Mondays visit to “Bull Hole” / Cooleemee River Park.

1. Don 19 Sep ’12 at 11:00 am

Both of these waterfall pictures have fine interpretations of the water falling over the brink.
    Excellent photo work to come up with great looking images like these.
    Don recently posted… Marilyn’s Rose

• Earl 20 Sep ’12 at 9:11 pm

Thanks, Don. I appreciate it.

2. Monte Stevens 19 Sep ’12 at 11:18 am

The dam really has a cool design to it. I really like the first one. Again, it’s these places that resonate with us that call us back time after time. I’m glad you have this!
    Monte Stevens recently posted… Playing Around

• Earl 20 Sep ’12 at 9:13 pm

Monte, yes they picked this spot in the river for this dam and a mill because there was excellent granite bedrock making building a stone dam easier. They planned well and it’s lasted a long time. Thanks.

3. Paul 19 Sep ’12 at 12:00 pm

You just reminded me that I’ve not taken the D700 on a trip to Bull Hole just yet. :) Lovely shots, especially the top one, Earl!
    Paul recently posted… Hoping for color this fall

• Earl 20 Sep ’12 at 9:16 pm

Paul, I always try and visit Bull Hole after there’s been enough rain to cause some overflow…else it’s just a lot of dry rock.

4. pj 19 Sep ’12 at 12:39 pm

Nice work Earl… that first one is especially well done.
    pj recently posted… abbey

• Earl 20 Sep ’12 at 9:16 pm

Thanks, pj.

5. Mark 19 Sep ’12 at 7:04 pm

Nice work Earl. Looks like a great place.
    Mark recently posted… Beach Rocks

• Earl 20 Sep ’12 at 9:18 pm

Mark, thanks…it is. For every minute I spend shooting I usually spend a couple more just sitting on the rocks watching and listening to the water — recharging. I always try and time my visits where there’s few if any people there.

6. ken bello 19 Sep ’12 at 7:23 pm

I find myself drawn to the contrast in the first photo. It’s easy to see why this is a location that you would want to return to many times.
    ken bello recently posted… about this photo – short story long

• Earl 20 Sep ’12 at 9:23 pm

Ken, thanks. Like any spot often visited it can begin seeming a bit mundane. But after a break it’s nice to get back to it.

7. Pingback: In the blink of an eye | Meandering Passage