Shot from the shade

Posted on 4 Sep ’12 by Earl

At the park — finding cooler spot then the bench in the sun.

Benches aren’t always the best place to be in a park.  On hot humid days finding a spot  under a  tree, in the shade, looking out at the benches is often best.  Many of the trees in this park have been donated in memory of someone with numbered markers…in this case number 76 towards the left of the photo.

This is part of the same park, Sloan Park, where Fred’s Pond is located.  Sloan Park is small park located in a very rural area.

1. Monte Stevens 4 Sep ’12 at 4:09 pm

No matter how small, we need these parks! I miss the ones I visited while living out in Columbus. Two of them were practically out my back door.
    Monte Stevens recently posted… County Road 19

• Earl 4 Sep ’12 at 9:58 pm

Hi Monty…I’m feeling a little photographic let-down after coming back from Italy to photographing in the local park. :-)

But still it’s nice to snap a few photos!

2. ken bello 4 Sep ’12 at 9:16 pm

Soon you will appreciate the bench in the sunshine once the temperatures cool down. I like the nice use of negative space in the photo.
    ken bello recently posted… …yes, but is it Art?

• Earl 4 Sep ’12 at 9:59 pm

Ken, you are probably right about that but with the humidity we’ve been having it can come none too soon for me at the moment! Thanks!

3. Steve Skinner 5 Sep ’12 at 10:38 am

I agree that the shade is so much more inviting!
    Steve Skinner recently posted… Thoughts On Being Lost

• Earl 7 Sep ’12 at 12:24 pm

Steve…agree. I didn’t go to the shade to take a photo…I was in the shade and decided to take a photo. :-)