Three for Thai

Posted on 24 Mar ’12 by Earl

Chicken Cashew

Some days you stick to routines, and that’s okay. Other days you get to step outside your day-to-day happenings and do something a little special, something a bit more interesting.

Saturday morning I spent walking, talking and “photographing” in downtown Salisbury with Paul Lester and Tom Dills. I met Paul some time ago but this was my first meeting of Tom. It’s nice to meet the person behind the blog and comments.

It was an easy laid back morning which included lunch at the Bangkok Downtown restaurant — a new addition to Salisbury I hadn’t tried yet.

Nice morning…thanks Paul and Tom for driving up.

1. ken bello 24 Mar ’12 at 7:17 pm

A splendid time is guaranteed for all!
    ken bello recently posted… MINI CAMERA

• Earl 25 Mar ’12 at 7:55 pm

Ken, so it was!

2. Paul 24 Mar ’12 at 9:20 pm

I had a great time walking around the area that I had seen so much of on your blog. Thanks for the hospitality and the tour with all of the trimmings!
    Paul recently posted… Lightroom Catalog Management Questions

• Earl 25 Mar ’12 at 7:55 pm

Paul, I enjoyed it greatly. We’ll have to do it again sometime.

3. Don 25 Mar ’12 at 11:13 am

You had a good photographic time meeting some friends and your lunch appears very satisfactory too.
    Nice shot of the plate of food!

• Earl 25 Mar ’12 at 7:54 pm

Don, yes it was a good time…and good food!

4. Tom Dills 25 Mar ’12 at 7:36 pm

Earl, that food looks good enough to eat!

Thank you for your hospitality and friendship. It was a great day, and I hope we get a chance to meet up again soon!
    Tom Dills recently posted… A Visit To Salisbury, NC

• Earl 25 Mar ’12 at 7:53 pm

Tom, if I would have taken an after meal photo of that plate it would have certainly supported your observation.

My pleasure, I had a great time and hopefully we can get together again sometime.

5. Monte Stevens 26 Mar ’12 at 11:13 am

It’s about nine in the morning but I could very easily dig into that plate. :-) Glad you guys had a good time and you were able to show off Salisbury.

• Earl 26 Mar ’12 at 12:38 pm

Monte, we even mentioned during our walk that it would have been great if you could have been there too.

• Monte Stevens 26 Mar ’12 at 9:02 pm

Well, I do enjoy photography, city streets, good friends and Thai food. Maybe next time. I’m just glad you guys enjoyed it.

6. Pingback: I hear the train a coming… | Meandering Passage