A few beautiful moments

Posted on 24 Oct ’11 by Earl

Autumn Flowers - Double Knob Trail - Sapphire, NC

With one final burst of energy autumn blooms exist for a few beautiful moments and then fade for winters impending approach.

1. Anita Jesse 24 Oct ’11 at 2:19 pm

That burst of energy makes for some much appreciated beauty and a lovely last glimpse of the colors of spring and summer, doesn’t it? What a lovely salute to the effort. The shadows on the lower left add a wonderful touch.

• Earl 25 Oct ’11 at 8:35 am

Hi Anita, thanks. I kind of like the mixture of the dying blooms with the still full and rich ones…a fitting salute to this time of the year.

2. Paul 24 Oct ’11 at 3:17 pm

The defiant ones! :) I like it.

• Earl 25 Oct ’11 at 8:36 am

Paul….yeah, I like that terminology, defiant ones — seems very fitting! Thanks.

3. Ken Bello 25 Oct ’11 at 6:44 pm

Very nice, Earl. It’ snow a quest to find this kind of color around.

• Earl 26 Oct ’11 at 8:29 am

Ken, yes soon this kind of color will be lost to the changing of the seasons but there will be other seasonal “beauties” to be found. Even winter has it’s pleasures…of course I don’t live in NY State near the Great Lakes. ;-)

4. Journey Photographic 26 Oct ’11 at 9:26 am

I agree with Paul – ‘the defiant ones’ is the perfect name for this.

• Earl 28 Oct ’11 at 10:26 am

JP, I agree with Paul too…I wish I would of thought of “the defiant ones.” :-)

5. Martina Egli 26 Oct ’11 at 9:36 am

What a beautiful and uplifting photograph on a rainy London day… I love the blue shadows of their elegant and graceful petals. Composition and lighting are excellent!

• Earl 30 Oct ’11 at 6:30 pm

Martina, thanks.

6. Ove 27 Oct ’11 at 3:33 pm

Our last ones have started to fade, and considering that our Autumn has been unusually mild, they have to feel rather content with the time they got. Given that they do feel, that said. :)

• Earl 28 Oct ’11 at 10:29 am

Ove, even if they don’t feel they definitely elicit feelings from us who observe them and we/I are grateful for the time, indeed.

7. Monte Stevens 27 Oct ’11 at 8:30 pm

This is awesome. So different than the snow we have on the ground today.

• Earl 28 Oct ’11 at 10:32 am

Monte, thanks. Yes I “saw” that you’d had snow around Denver. North and east of us this weekend they are predicting much more may fall. Too quickly are we moving into the midst of winter — I would appreciate a more gentle introduction.