Tree Amigos

Posted on 15 Jul ’11 by Earl Moore

Tree Amigos - Sharing a environment and having things in common

All three of these trees are bent and formed as if facing a common environmental element — probably the wind since they’re located along coast of North Carolina. I call them the “tree amigos,” yes a bad play on words. Who knows how many decades these three have stood together in this spot. We humans are lucky in we can change our location to better suit our preferences or enhance our short existence here on this earth. Even so, there are those among us rooted to a location or even a belief system by history and ancestry just as strongly as these trees. But then, that too is a freedom, freedom of choice.

OK, I’m so tired of all the political B.S. that’s taking place in Washington, D.C. concerning the debt ceiling/deficit I’ve taken to avoiding reading or listening to news about it in order to keep my frustration level manageable. If in my power I’d fire every one of them, without benefits or any way to make money off their previous positions. During this time of hardship how dare they dangle us and the world over the coals of further uncertainty for political gain. My opinion, mind you — rant over. ;-)

In June I mentioned an upcoming cell phone upgrade and trying to decide between an iPhone or one of the many Android phone from Verizon Wireless. Even as much as the technical aspect attracted me to the Androids — decision made, iPhone.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. We’re getting a short break here from the oppressive heat and humidity for a few days. It was so nice walking the dogs this morning and not feeling like I was in a steam sauna.

1. Anita Jesse 15 Jul ’11 at 9:10 pm

The minute I see trees I am won over. These are rendered beautifully. There is something so strong and stoic about trees and that inspires me.

Somehow I just knew you would go for the iPhone. Enjoy!

There is nothing quite like a break from oppressive heat. Congratulations on getting that relief and I am glad you got to enjoy it with those pups.

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 7:48 am

Anita, I was close to choosing an Android phone but finally was won over by the “light” side. I’ve very happy with it.

Thanks on the image and the “pups” are loving this cooler break.

2. Eric Jeschke 16 Jul ’11 at 4:18 am

Hi Earl,
    Totally agree with your analysis of the DC bureaucrats. Wish we had viable third parties, although that would probably mean more gridlock. Perhaps “interesting” times ahead!

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 7:49 am

Eric, Yeah, “interesting” times as in the Chinese curse meaning… :-)

3. Journey Photographic 16 Jul ’11 at 8:56 am

I love the way the trees mirror each other. Enjoy the iPhone!

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 7:49 am

Journey, Thanks…I am! :-)

4. Ken Bello 16 Jul ’11 at 10:17 am

I love the detail and the interesting shape of the trees. Nicely done. Looks like you still have some green grass, too.

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 7:50 am

Key, yeah along with the heat we’ve been getting some regular thunder showers so the grass and gone crazy — I’m mowing the yard about every five days. :-(

5. Don 16 Jul ’11 at 10:22 am

I agree with your position on Washington. I have lost all confidence in either party to do anything that is good for the country. I’d like to send the lot home! Nice tree shot. I suspect I’m one of those “rooted” in a long history of attitudes that have been reinforced over many years. Oh well, who cares? :-)

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 7:52 am

Don, I don’t know that either being “rooted’ or being “free” is better then the other. Thanks on the photo.

6. Steve Skinner 16 Jul ’11 at 2:25 pm

Earl, it you want to enjoy some cool temperatures come for a visit to Astoria. This summer has yet to see more than a few day above the mid-seventies. My garden also reflects this too!

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 7:54 am

Steve, yeah, we’ve been getting some rain here along with the heat and plants are loving it. I bet those cool temps has stunted your garden. Can there never be a happy medium? ;-)

7. Monte Stevens 16 Jul ’11 at 3:32 pm

Totally agree on your rant!

I upgraded a couple weeks ago to the 4G from a 3G and also switched from AT&T to Verizon. Hope you enjoy the iphone and hope you enjoy the weekend. By the way what’s the status on Foster?

• Earl 17 Jul ’11 at 8:00 am

Monte, I would buy an iPhone from AT&T as the service is not very good from them in this area. I know I made the right choice going with the iPhone..it’s better then I thought it would be.

Foster at the moment, 8 days since the his 4 Grand Mal Seizure, is doing well but I expect he’ll have another episode in the new 7-14 days — I’m afraid it’s just going to be his life. He’s on medication and we’re trying all the natural supplements that claim to help dogs with seizures hoping one will actually help. Thanks for asking! :-)

8. Mark 22 Jul ’11 at 10:08 pm

Glad to read Foster is doing ok, at least as of July 17. Mind you, I am still playing catch up, oldest posts first. :-) Also glad to see you made a wise decision on the phone.

I have always thought there was an interesting dynamic to groups of three, and your image here is a great example Earl.

• Earl 24 Jul ’11 at 8:11 am

Mark, as much as the openness of the Android phones attracted me I kept coming back to the iPhone…now since I’ve lived with it a couple of weeks it was definately the right decision.

9. Martina Egli 23 Jul ’11 at 11:07 am

What a beautiful image – those three trees remind me of graceful dancers, I like how the sun cast gentle pattern onto the branches. Many compliments on that fabulous photograph!
    I wish we would have such summery temperatures here in England, it’s been rainy and cloudy for at least 10 days and I already miss the summer.

• Earl 24 Jul ’11 at 8:13 am

Martina, thank-you. I would love to ship you some of this hot and sunny weather in exchange for a little of your rain…we have an abundance of sunshine and heat at the moment. :-)