Bubba

Posted on 29 Nov ’10 by Earl Moore

Bubba and his buddies
Good Old Boys

Bubba and his buddies…and of course I mean that in the nicest of ways! ;-)

1. Journey Photographic 30 Nov ’10 at 5:54 am

That’s some impressive facial hair!

2. Eric Jeschke 30 Nov ’10 at 5:54 am

Earl,
    which one is Bubba–center?

Love this picture, love the B&W…you captured a piece of the south, you captured a feeling…

My only nitpick is the guy on the left needs a beard and needs to be looking to his left. ZZ-Top baby!

• Earl 30 Nov ’10 at 10:03 pm

I was thinking that Bubba was probably center but then I believe they all are Bubba “certified.”

Yeah, the guy on the left didn’t cooperate but I couldn’t pass up the shot.

3. Monte Stevens 30 Nov ’10 at 10:31 am

I suppose any of them could be Bubba.

• Earl 30 Nov ’10 at 10:03 pm

Monte, right you are!

4. Steve Skinner 30 Nov ’10 at 12:40 pm

Looks like a very fun group!

• Earl 30 Nov ’10 at 10:04 pm

Steve, maybe as long as you stayed on their good side…but I wouldn’t want to piss any of them off.

5. Pingback: Tweets that mention Bubba « Meandering Passage -- Topsy.com

6. Paul 30 Nov ’10 at 2:38 pm

You’d better mean that in the nicest way. Any one of them look like they might not take too kindly to ill-spoken words! :)

• Earl 30 Nov ’10 at 10:06 pm

Paul, Oh I mean it in all the nicest ways…even the smallest of the three had at least 20 lbs on me and I’m not tiny.

7. Paul Maxim 1 Dec ’10 at 7:59 am

Is this what might be referred to as “photographic profiling”? Maybe they just “look” like they’re attending a WWE event or hanging around a NASCAR track. Or maybe 3 members of some kind of private paramilitary organization, loking for some poor unsuspecting liberal to beat up?

Oh hell, they’re probably all Harvard graduates, standing around discussing man’s place in an ever-expanding universe.

Anyway, a great image, Earl. A bit scary, but a great image.

• Earl 1 Dec ’10 at 3:53 pm

Paul, Thanks and yes, definitely “photographic profiling.” However, after observing these three gentlemen for a while I would venture a good guess they’re all graduates of Budweiser U. ;-)

8. don 1 Dec ’10 at 11:21 am

They do look like “good ole boys” alright! Fine shot of them too.

9. Don Cooper 1 Dec ’10 at 12:00 pm

Bubbas can be found anywhere I guess we have our share in the northeast, just feed ‘em and pet ‘em and they will be OK.

• Earl 1 Dec ’10 at 3:55 pm

Don C, You’re right about “Bubbas” knowing no geographical boundaries, but while I need to check my history I believe they have a strong tie to here in the south.

10. yz 2 Dec ’10 at 5:00 am

cool guys, excellent shot

• Earl 3 Dec ’10 at 8:05 am

Thanks, yz!

11. Michael 3 Dec ’10 at 7:56 am

There is a lot of character in that face and those that surround him. I wonder if they drink beer…

• Earl 3 Dec ’10 at 8:23 am

Hi Michael, Yeah and I wonder if Secratariat was a fast horse.. ;-)