Waters Edge

Posted on 10 Aug ’10 by Earl Moore

Waters Edge
Waters Edge, Hurley Park, Salisbury, NC

When walking along and you come to a spot where you automatically pause a few moments, you need only to understand what caused you to pause to have the makings of a good photo.

Again, photo from the long path.

1. Monte Stevens 10 Aug ’10 at 9:27 am

Glad you paused. Reminds me of the quote, “Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.” Go ahead and show us more.

• Earl 10 Aug ’10 at 3:07 pm

Monte, it so often comes down to simply taking the time to pay attention doesn’t it my friend.

• Monte Stevens 11 Aug ’10 at 12:47 pm

And, reminding myself when I start to speed up.

2. mariana 10 Aug ’10 at 11:27 am

Very pretty image . Love background that is melting in some fog or so :)

• Earl 10 Aug ’10 at 3:04 pm

Mariana, I background that background is smokey haze from the HOT summer weather we’ve been having here. :-)

3. pj finn 10 Aug ’10 at 12:30 pm

Indeed. It’s those pauses, and taking the time to dig into them, where you find your true work. Very nice.

• Earl 10 Aug ’10 at 3:03 pm

PJ, thanks and welcome to “Meandering Passage.” I just subscribed to your blog after reading and viewing some of your work and I look forward to seeing more.

4. Alan M. Collopy 10 Aug ’10 at 7:39 pm

Earl,

I like wht Monte said. I would have stopped also. Photographers have a way of seeing things that others do not, at least I believe that. As I’ve recently picked up photography again, after many years of absence, I actually feel myself looking around as if my eyes were the lens of a camera, and if scenes would make a good photo.
    I’m always drawn to bridges, and especially like wooden ones. Very nice Earl!

Alan

5. don 11 Aug ’10 at 10:03 am

A very attractive scene. Water always seems to help make a more interesting picture.