Forest walk

Posted on 14 Jul ’10 by Earl

Forest Daydreams
Forest Daydreams
Cooler mornings and days, a good time for a walk in the forest and a little daydreaming.

A scene captured in a local park, softened during post-processing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.

1. Chris Klug 14 Jul ’10 at 2:35 pm

It doesn’t look real. and that is what I love about this image and this direction. Nicely composed and processed, my friend.

2. Chris Klug 14 Jul ’10 at 2:37 pm

Shoulda thought about this before I hit the submit button, but just last night I was reading Ansel’s ’40 photographs’ book, and he talks in there about how difficult it is to handle patches of sky within forest compositions, not only owing to the exposure difference but how the texture and color of the sky can just jump out at you. You integrated them nicely here.

• Earl 14 Jul ’10 at 3:50 pm

Chris, thanks, I certainly appreciate the kind words. I’d personally testify in agreement to Ansel’s opinion of patches of sky within a forest. There’s a number of forest/sky photo’s I’ve never found a satisfactory result for, and so they rest uneasily within my archives, hoping for a revelation of processing insight on my part.

3. Alan M. Collopy 14 Jul ’10 at 6:23 pm

Earl,

Nice photo. I love the colors and composition. Still having humid weather here, but they promise relief soon. Have a good evening.

Alan

• Earl 15 Jul ’10 at 8:04 am

Alan, thanks. I hope that weather relief gets there soon.

4. don 15 Jul ’10 at 10:26 am

A fine forest scene with especially nice greens. I like the processing effects.

5. Monte Stevens 16 Jul ’10 at 9:48 am

I agree with you and Chris, my attempts are forested shots with bright sky is almost impossible to produce without blown highlights. I just went through that this past week. Sigh!

6. don 17 Jul ’10 at 9:45 am

Sunlight in forests can be quite a problem. These are very nice shots and you’ve discovered some new places to look for pictures. Very nice series.