Weekend Photo

Posted on 4 Jul ’10 by Earl

The Deep Forest Floor
The Deep Forest Floor
But I’ll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you’ll come to understand that you’re connected with everything.” – Alan Watts

A tree fallen, a tree cut, making an opening in the forest canopy to allow sunlight to penetrate, for me to see and capture with a photo.

Happy 4th of July!

1. Ove 4 Jul ’10 at 5:13 am

You can almost feel how the ants crawls up under the trousers, in a good way. It’s hard making good photographs of the woods. The deep forest floor, a wonderful caption, too.

• Earl 4 Jul ’10 at 9:23 pm

Ove, your right about the difficulty of capturing the essence of the woods. While I feel okay about this photo, it still doesn’t do proper justice to the live scene. But then I’m critical of my own work — as most of us are.

2. Monte Stevens 4 Jul ’10 at 7:29 am

I like your crop and the quotes. Happy 4th of July to you guys!

• Earl 4 Jul ’10 at 9:23 pm

Thanks, Monte!

3. Steve Skinner 4 Jul ’10 at 9:23 am

It’s these types of openings in the forest that add diversity and life. They also make great photo ops.

• Earl 4 Jul ’10 at 9:26 pm

Steve, your right, in these more open areas, which receive sunlight, soon a multitude of new plants will take advantage of the opportunity. I hope you’ve had a good 4th.

4. Don 4 Jul ’10 at 2:22 pm

Areas like this in the woods make for some great shots due to the light coming through open spaces versus the canopy.

• Earl 4 Jul ’10 at 9:27 pm

Don, so right. It was the light that drew my attention and made this shot.

5. Alan M. Collopy 4 Jul ’10 at 6:33 pm

Hi Earl,

Nice capture and quote. It leads your eye into the scene.

Happy 4th of July!

Alan

• Earl 4 Jul ’10 at 9:27 pm

Thanks, Alan, and happy 4th to you.